A Healthy Shepherd's Pie
As the temperature outside dropped and the nights started earlier Dawn brought this to our table. Fantastic, it is a pie, warm, easy to cook and absolutely delicious! 250g pork mince 250 beef mince 500ml bottle of Prassata 4 tbsp olive oil (or coconut oil) 200 grams mushrooms, finely chopped 2 celery sticks, diced 2 medium carrots, diced 1 large pumpkin pumpkin, finely chopped 1 brown onion diced 1 teaspoon of Oregano 1/2 teaspoon of Cinnamon 1 large Cauliflower 1 garlic clove Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil then add the cauliflower and garlic clove and cook for about 10 minutes until tender. Drain into a colander and set it aside.
3. Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a large frying pan or saucepan over a medium to high heat. Add the onion, celery and carrots and cook for five minutes, or until they soften and begin to brown.
4. Add the pork and beef mince and cook until browned. Add the tomato paste, cook for one minute. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
5. Meanwhile, mash the cooked cauliflower until smooth. Blend two tablespoons of oil through the mash and season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. To assemble, spread the meat mixture into the base of an ovenproof dish. Top with the cauliflower mash and smooth the top out evenly. Bake the pie in the oven for 30 minutes, or until lightly golden. Serve with a fresh, seasonal salad or green vegetables of your choice.